Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I used to think I was allergic to the gym

I know that I've already said I was a former athlete.  With that being said, I never really liked the gym. 

A few years ago I got on a fitness kick right before Kevin and I got married.  I joined one of those "women's gyms" with a personal trainer and it didn't last.  I just didn't have the energy for it.

One of the things that I heard about Body By Vi is that you don't need to exercise and you can still lose weight.  I thought, "that sounds great, but that cannot be right. That's impossible."  So when we started the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge we were did the right things, made our shakes, ate healthier snacks, and made healthier dinners.  Over the first few weeks, with no exercise, the pounds were falling off of both of us. 

That's when the funniest thing happened.  I realized that I had so much more energy.  I was actually antsy to get off the couch (a pretty monumental thing for me) and move.  I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but, I wanted to work out.  I had too much energy to just sit around.  Kevin's had a gym membership for awhile (note I said he had a membership, there is a big difference between HAVING a membership and actually USING it.)  After week 4 of the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge I was asking Kevin to go to the gym and do a family membership so I can use it too.

Alright, now make sure you are sitting down for this one.  Today was one of my off days at the gym.  I tried to sit down and watch some TV after dinner.  Notice I said TRIED.  I had too much energy to just sit there though, I actually got up and decided to do a little at home workout.  This would have NEVER happened 6 weeks ago before the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment