Thursday, March 15, 2012

So am I only eating lettuce or something?

When I thought of losing weight my first reaction was I'm not going to be able to eat anything good.  Fortunately I was wrong.  I have what some may call a "love / hate relationship"with food....I love food but it hates my hips and tummy.  Since Kevin and I started this thing about 6 weeks ago we have found so many great things to eat that are actually healthy too.  Healthy and doesn't taste like paste?  Who knew that was even possible?

How about stuffed shells and chicken parm?  Yep.  All for less than 650 calories.  That's the first thing that came to mind because it's actually what I made tonight.  Kevin couldn't believe how good it was! The best part is that I'm not the type of person who has unlimited time to make meal.  I was able to do it all in less than a half hour or so.  Not too bad.

So where did we find this magical chicken parm?  Well, we've found a few web sites that we really enjoy.  One is called www.skinnytaste.com and it has TONS of very good recipes that are easy to make and healthy too.

Some of the other things that we've had recently that were very good were...
-Pot roast w/ potatoes and carrots
-Peppered steak w/ rice
-Chicken burritos
-BBQ chicken
-Salmon
-Haddock
-Peanut butter pie (less than 100 calories a slice and it's to die for!!!)

Literally anything that you like to eat can be made healthier.  And the best part about the whole Body By Vi thing is that you don't need to deprive yourself of your favorites.  You can have a piece of cake every so often (just not every night).  With all the nutrients that you are getting from the ViShape shakes, you are automatically eating better and healthier than you were before you started.  By definition, you are going to lose weight!


No comments:

Post a Comment